Service crash

Spotted something that's not working as you think it should? Post bug reports in here and read about the known issues.
Forum rules
No spamming, flaming, or abuse - play nicely!

Service crash

Postby buhbuhh » Sat May 28, 2011 7:13 pm

Hey Carlos,

I have Remote Potato running on three Windows 7 media centers in my home. On one of them the service started crashing. This server is running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. It started on v0.98 and I updated to 1.0 and it still occurs. I have attached the log file with all the debug options checked.

Alan
Attachments
RPServer.zip
(65.92 KiB) Downloaded 404 times
buhbuhh
New Potato

Re: Service crash

Postby Carlos » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:56 am

Thanks for reporting this - I'll investigate your log.

Carlos

FAQ: How to post debug logs | How to clear your browser cache

If you've found Remote Potato useful, please consider buying me a pint. Much appreciated!
Carlos
Head Potato

Postby Carlos » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:02 pm

Have a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=776

Does it help you with your issue? (i.e. granting access rights to folder C:\ProgramData\RemotePotato)

C

If you've found Remote Potato useful, please consider buying me a pint. Much appreciated!
Carlos
Head Potato

Postby buhbuhh » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:40 am

Hi Carlos,

I did read that thread and had checked my permissions and they are the same on all three machines that I am running Remote Potato. So I do not think that is the problem. The account that starts the service has full rights to the directory.

This server is where I consolidate all of my shows, so there are two Recorded TV directories on two drives that currently have a total of just over 500 shows. Might this be a problem? It is about 1.5Tbytes of wtv files.
buhbuhh
New Potato

Postby Carlos » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:07 pm

Hi there

It is a possibility - I haven't tested it with quite that many files, although it's not a huge amount. What happens if you move some of them temporarily out of the directory they're in, and run Remote Potato with just a few .wtv files? This would enable you to see if it's the problem.

Carl

Carlos
Head Potato

Postby buhbuhh » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:45 pm

Hi Carl,

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. After I replied last time I removed my backup .tv directory and my avi file directory just leaving my main .tv dir which is smaller. The service still stops after I access it with my iphone. I will work on it some this week to see if I can determine what function(s) from the iphone cause the service to stop. The fact that this only occurs on this media center (1 of 3) leads me to believe that maybe there might be some sort of conflict on this machine.

In addition to your software I am also running Plex server software on this machine. I will also try and disable the Plex server to see if that makes any difference. Are there any specific ports that I should look at to see if I have something else running that is trying to use the same port?

Thanks,

Alan
buhbuhh
New Potato

Postby Carlos » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:57 pm

Yes there could easily be a port conflict, it's possible.

You should definitely try it without Plex server running to see if this fixes the issue.

Carlos

Carlos
Head Potato

Postby buhbuhh » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:51 am

Hey Carlos,

I disabled the other apps that I had running on that box which also included Zumocast. The service is still shutting down. It does not seem to be any particular activity just pulling data with the iPhone. I am going to upload the crash files not sure if that does you any good. I will try to decrease the number of .wtv files but I don't think that is the problem. I will let you know what I find.

Alan
Attachments
ReportArchive.zip
WER files from three crashes
(10.9 KiB) Downloaded 390 times
buhbuhh
New Potato

Postby buhbuhh » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:34 pm

One more thing, I believe I misled you. The service does not crash, it is just the server that stops. I have it set up for port 9085 and I used tcpview to look at the activity and I can see ports open and close as I use the app on my iPhone then it stops working and after the timeout the connections are cleared. I then go to the RP dashboard and see that the server has stopped. I can then just restart it. As far as the debug log the last entry is the last activity that I performed and then nothing. No error reported. The only thing I see is the errors in the Application Event viewer.

Alan
buhbuhh
New Potato

Postby smurs » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:58 pm

I'm interested in reply to this too... can't figure out my service stopping and hadn't realized it could be related to iPhone usage. Will try to track that too...
smurs
New Potato

Next

Return to Support - Bugs