Can Not Unzip TV Programmes from server

Spotted something that's not working as you think it should? Post bug reports in here and read about the known issues.
Forum rules
No spamming, flaming, or abuse - play nicely!

Can Not Unzip TV Programmes from server

Postby jdtaylor » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:55 pm

Hi,

I am getting a new error, when I navigate on silverlight to this Sunday I first get a dialog message saying inflating and then I get the error that it can not unzip tv programme from the server for some reason and the only program that shows up in the listings is a scheduled recording. So it looks as though there may be some bug getting some listings from the server.
jdtaylor
Hot Potato

Re: Can Not Unzip TV Programmes from server

Postby Kairu » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:41 am

Can you post some debug logs? From both the server application, and the Silverlight UI?

It sounds more like you might have a botched installation or something getting in the way of zipping.
Kairu - Code Testing / Forum Moderator
Kairu
Wise Potato

Postby jonlowe » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:28 pm

I had exactly the same problem on Sunday during the day, but later that evening, it cleared up. I could get to my listings in the Non-Silverlight UI.

Where are the debug logs for Silverlight?

Jon
jonlowe
New Potato

Postby Carlos » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:15 pm

I'm aware of this bug, it's rare and intermittent so I struggle to reproduce it. Something to do with XML content encoding and deserialization and unzipping, it's a bit of a nightmare. Will do my best to keep an eye on it, let me know if it persists beyond a day.

Silverlight logs: a link at the bottom of the silverlight page - 'View Log'.

C

FAQ: How to post debug logs | How to clear your browser cache

If you've found Remote Potato useful, please consider buying me a pint. Much appreciated!
Carlos
Head Potato

Postby dooger » Thu May 06, 2010 10:05 pm

I'm getting this same error on a 32-bit Win7 install. I installed v0.90 a week ago, and this is first time I've attempted to access remotely. Screenshot of Sliverlight log attached.

Doug

silverlight log.jpg
Log: Can Not Unzip TV Programmes From Server
silverlight log.jpg (164.14 KiB) Viewed 9616 times
dooger
Raw Potato

Postby Carlos » Mon May 10, 2010 10:06 pm

Thanks Doug for letting me know - be interested to know if you get it on another day; when I did reproduce this once on my system it was gone 24 hours later, which is why it's so tricky to debug.

The server architecture of RP is changing so perhaps this might fix itself in the next major release - watch this space.

Carlos

FAQ: How to post debug logs | How to clear your browser cache

If you've found Remote Potato useful, please consider buying me a pint. Much appreciated!
Carlos
Head Potato

Postby ludwig.xiv » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:47 pm

Dear Carlos,

I am runnig both 0.90 and 0.92.10.0dev on two different WIN7 32 Bit HP machines here in Germany. On both the a.m. bug appears.

While the HTML view in Firefox just says "No programs found" the Silverlight View lets pop up another Error Message (refer to the attachment) before it shows the empty grid.

It seems that RP works fine after install / update until the next guide update is download by MCE from MS Servers.

Maybe that helps to solve the bug as currently RP is useless for me.

Kay
Attachments
RP_0.9210_Error_Grid.jpg
RP_0.9210_Error_Grid.jpg (38.41 KiB) Viewed 9568 times
ludwig.xiv
Raw Potato

Postby kfhickel » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:33 pm

I just downloaded 1.0.6 (new user) and I get the Cannot unzip downloaded TV Programmes from server message, as best I can tell though, it downloads the schedule for everything except BBC America HD (channel 919)
Any ides? should I post any logs?

Thanks,
Kelly
kfhickel
New Potato

Postby kfhickel » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:16 pm

kfhickel wrote:I just downloaded 1.0.6 (new user) and I get the Cannot unzip downloaded TV Programmes from server message, as best I can tell though, it downloads the schedule for everything except BBC America HD (channel 919)
Any ides? should I post any logs?

Thanks,
Kelly

I checked back today and I'm not getting the error any longer, and I have listings for that channel, so it seem to self-heal, at least in my case, and so far....

Thanks,
Kelly
kfhickel
New Potato

Postby TungstenSquash » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:38 pm

Soooo.. I've never received this error until last night. I'm on vacation and wanted to watch some of my recorded programs and it is giving this lovely error. I tried it last night and it didnt work, I tried it this morning on a different computer and it does not work. I wish I could copy from the log, but it says something like..

Cellbi.SvZlib.OutputStream.Route...

It only occurs when I click the "Recorded TV" button.

I'm using silverlight 4.0.50826.0 and Remote Potato 1.1.1. However, I can still access the shows using "Remote Media Center" for my android tablet or phone. So I'm not totally screwed :)
TungstenSquash
New Potato

Return to Support - Bugs