System Error: MSVCR100_CLR400.dll missing

Spotted something that's not working as you think it should? Post bug reports in here and read about the known issues.
Forum rules
No spamming, flaming, or abuse - play nicely!

System Error: MSVCR100_CLR400.dll missing

Postby thndrcat » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:02 pm

I can't get the Remote Potato Server to start on my PC. When starting the program I get the following message:

RemotePotatoUI.exe - System Error

The program can't start because MSVCR100_CLR0400.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I am on a Win 7 x64 box running version 1.0.6, but got the same error with the tech preview. The error does not generate a log file. The program was running perfectly on the same computer for several weeks before I started to get this error.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled and do not receive an error in the process, but does not fix the error above. I have also tried with and without my Media Center credentials. Not sure if this is connected, but if I try to repair Remote Potato I get this error:

Error 10001. The specified service already exists.

Do you have any suggestions to help get me running again? Thanks so much for your help!

(My apologies if this is covered elsewhere on the forum, I searched but was unable to find a similar instance.)
thndrcat
Raw Potato

Re: System Error: MSVCR100_CLR400.dll missing

Postby thndrcat » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:14 pm

Disregard; reinstalling .net fixed it.
thndrcat
Raw Potato

Return to Support - Bugs