Blue Screen after 10-15 mins of streaming on server

Spotted something that's not working as you think it should? Post bug reports in here and read about the known issues.
Forum rules
No spamming, flaming, or abuse - play nicely!

Blue Screen after 10-15 mins of streaming on server

Postby Blind0wl » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:34 am

i have been using Remote Potato for a while now and I have been putting up with BSODs on my Windows Media Center whilst streaming movies etc to my iPad. The movie will last 10-15 mins before blue screening with BCode 101. This happens continuously whilst playing something.

I have looked into the BCode and it seems it relates to the VCore settings of my CPU and motherboard...however I never have this blue screen unless I'm streaming something through Remote Potato. Is there any info I can look at that may help me fix this issue?

Cheers
Blind0wl
Raw Potato

Re: Blue Screen after 10-15 mins of streaming on server

Postby Carlos » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:25 pm

Hi there

I would suggest that you check the CPU usage very carefully on your server while streaming. If it's very high, then it could easily be an over-heating issue. If not, then it's a system stability issue - update your BIOS to the very latest available and do some Googling to see if others get the same problem with your mobo/CPU combination when performing CPU-intensive operations.

Carlos

FAQ: How to post debug logs | How to clear your browser cache

If you've found Remote Potato useful, please consider buying me a pint. Much appreciated!
Carlos
Head Potato

Return to Support - Bugs