RP skipping past songs in SL browser interface

Spotted something that's not working as you think it should? Post bug reports in here and read about the known issues.
Forum rules
No spamming, flaming, or abuse - play nicely!

RP skipping past songs in SL browser interface

Postby rockstar1971 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:47 pm

Hello. When listening to music via the SL browser interface, some of my albums won't play, they just skip from one song to the next until the end. Manytimes the first or second song will play, but then the rest of the songs do this. Here's a video of it: http://www.socketinteractive.com/potato1.avi

Any thoughts on what could be causing this?
rockstar1971
New Potato

Re: RP skipping past songs in SL browser interface

Postby Rubix101 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:34 pm

I have had the same issue for awhile and while its been discussed here before there hasn't been any fix for it or what is causing the skipping. I am still hoping they will patch/address this bug.
Rubix101
Potato

Postby andreaseide » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:51 am

Hi.
Can you try to see if this is related to any file-type?
Wma, lossless, variabel bitrate...
--AndreasE--
Remote Potato Forum Moderator.

FAQ: How to post debug logs | How to clear your browser cache
andreaseide
Wise Potato

Postby rockstar1971 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:38 pm

My music collection is all .mp3. Bitrates are 192 - 320. I do have some that are variable, but not many. Also, each of my albums are consistent, meaning that the bitrate is the same for all tracks in the album.

I did a few tests and there doesn't seem to be any correlation between bitrate and the skipping. It's pretty all over the place. One thing is for sure, it never skips the first song. Most of the time after the first song every song skips to the end of the album, but there are times where some songs in the middle will play. Albums that skip one day will play fine the next.

My mp3s are stored on a file server and are accessed by my WMC machine (where RP is installed) via UNC file share. Could that have something to do with it? I’d be interested to know if others who are experiencing the skipping have the same set up.
rockstar1971
New Potato

Postby Rubix101 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:05 pm

Same thing on my end as well, all MP3's with 192-320 along with a few variable bit rates, however the skipping is random and doesn't seem contingent on what bit rate the song is. As mentioned it will play one day and then not play another time or will play the first but skip all the others. All of my media is stored on a Win 7 machine functioning as a media server with shares for the local network with no remote access except thru RP. While I love this program I have never been able to play a full album from start to finish via the browser.
Rubix101
Potato

Postby andreaseide » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:59 pm

Please post log-files so we can see if we find something there.
See my signature for how-to's.
--AndreasE--
Remote Potato Forum Moderator.

FAQ: How to post debug logs | How to clear your browser cache
andreaseide
Wise Potato

Postby jstaguynj » Wed May 09, 2012 5:27 pm

I might have some relevant info on this matter. First song plays, rest in the album skip. Only way to get it to play anything is to refresh the webpage, login, and do it again to get 1 song.

Today, I added an album that apparently I had ripped at 320k but also had a couple tracks at 128k. It started skipping after the first 320k track, and it landed on the 128k track. I've tried this consistently. I've tried this with another album with some 128k tracks and it does the same thing. no VBR either... maybe this helps?
jstaguynj
Raw Potato

Return to Support - Bugs