IR Server could not be started issue

Spotted something that's not working as you think it should? Post bug reports in here and read about the known issues.
Forum rules
No spamming, flaming, or abuse - play nicely!

IR Server could not be started issue

Postby korsa » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:22 pm

I get a pop-up message saying the IR helper could not be started when I restart my computer and log-in, I am using an Admin Acct. I notice that the application is running in the task manager, rp key sender. Also, I check the log button of the taskbar app for the IR helper. It doesn't seem to have been updated since yesterday, although, I assume I should see an attempt to start the IR helper and then a log message saying it could not do so. Everything appears to be working basically except that I get this message when I start Windows. And also that it doesn't appear to be actually working from the android app, because I can't control media center with the buttons on the phone's remote app. I get no activity. I can use other remote potato functions though, such as scheduling a recording. Also, I tried re-installing remote Potato on the Windows PC, and this didn't seem to help.

Any suggestions, ideas?

thanks
Last edited by korsa on Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
korsa
Raw Potato

Re: IR Helper could not be started issue

Postby korsa » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:20 am

Actually the message when I start up the computer is

Could not start IR Server

Also, I installed an application called IR Server Suite (IRSS), but that doesn't seem to have any effect. If I stop the remote potato IR helper App, and then open the remote potato settings it prompts me to start the IR Helper App, because it is not running, but when I do, I still get the message in bold above.

Note: I do not have a Media Center Remote of any kind, if that makes a difference.. I am able to use an app called the 'unified remote' successfully on my android phone
korsa
Raw Potato

Re: IR Server could not be started issue

Postby korsa » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:47 pm

I tried 'unified remote' (android app) and that worked, but I would prefer using this. The android device can use remote potato for other functions, but not for the IR remote. The webapp remote, which is independent of android, doesn't work either. I'm not sure what the 'ir server' is, still..
korsa
Raw Potato

Return to Support - Bugs