Recently Recorded Shows Not appearing

Spotted something that's not working as you think it should? Post bug reports in here and read about the known issues.
Forum rules
No spamming, flaming, or abuse - play nicely!

Recently Recorded Shows Not appearing

Postby peterb17 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:09 pm

Hello,

I did try to do a thorough search for this issue, but have not found the issue. When logging into remote potato (or remote media center) the most recently recorded shows (as far back as 2 weeks--explained below) do not show up in the recorded tv folder (I have this folder and all sub folders checked [the folder name is TV]). If I stop and restart the remote potato server everything shows up fine.

Any hints?
Windows 7 64
V1.0.3.0

Thanks!
peterb17
Raw Potato

Re: Recently Recorded Shows Not appearing

Postby rbegga » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:28 pm

I am having the same issue with the remote potato web interface, iPhone and iPad apps. When a program Is recorded by windows media center, it will not show up in the remote potato recorded tv list until after a restart.

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Latest stable of remote potato
Latest iPad and iPhone releases
rbegga
Raw Potato

Postby chuckok » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:03 pm

Same issue ... similar configuration ... Windows 7 64 bit ... iPhone, iPad, and Windows Phone all not getting recorded tv file list.
chuckok
Raw Potato

Postby dnguyen826 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:19 am

This issue was also reported in Support - Networking. The developers haven't responded there either. For me, remote potato is useless without this issue being resolved.
dnguyen826
New Potato

Postby andreaseide » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:58 am

Do you see the recordings in the browser version of Remote Potato?
Are you sure that the user you have entered in the setup have access to that folder?
Is the recorded folder listed withinnthe settings app?
--AndreasE--
Remote Potato Forum Moderator.

FAQ: How to post debug logs | How to clear your browser cache
andreaseide
Wise Potato

Postby dnguyen826 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:22 pm

1. I am using the brower version of Remote Potato to view everything. When I go to Recorded TV, it shows me only the recordings that were there when the Remote Potato service was started. However, if I press the refresh icon, no new shows are displayed.
So for example, on Monday, I reboot my PC so that the Remote Potato service is started. If I check the browser, I can see all shows that are in my Recorded TV folder. However, if a show gets recorded on Tuesday and I login to the browser on Wednesday, I cannot see my recording even if I press the refresh button.

2. The user I log in with can see the pre-existing recordings and all recordings go to the same folder, so I don't think it is an access issue.

3. The recorded folder is definitely listed within the app. Like mentioned previously, I can see pre-existing recordings.
dnguyen826
New Potato

Postby andreaseide » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:27 am

I think you should try to uninstall and install Remote Potato again.
The settings will be kept.
--AndreasE--
Remote Potato Forum Moderator.

FAQ: How to post debug logs | How to clear your browser cache
andreaseide
Wise Potato

Postby dnguyen826 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:37 pm

Just noticed something interesting. (Disclaimer: I still have not reinstalled Remote Potato)

Up until a couple of nights ago, I had been using WtvWatcher to convert my .wtv files to .dvrms so that I could use the free version of comskip to create the commercial skip files. I just recently donated to comskip and got the early access version that can process wtv natively, so I stopped the process that converts wtv to dvrms.

Now, I am looking at my Recorded TV listing and I can see recordings from the past couple nights. My guess is that something about the refresh process doesn't look for new files with the dvrms extension.

I wonder if other people with the same issue also have their files saved as DVRMS.
dnguyen826
New Potato

Return to Support - Bugs