No content showing at all

General discussion about Remote Potato, plus download and new release information.
Forum rules
No spamming, flaming, or abuse - play nicely!

No content showing at all

Postby fergusfog » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:07 am

RP seems to be working great for browsing the EPG and setting recordings, but the existing media is not showing (videos or music - I have no pictures).

Settings are are pretty much default - No authentication. The Videos folders are set to "\server\share" and "O:/" (which is a network drive too), and not to "Use my Windows 7 library".
The Music section of settings seems happy with the credentials.
Not sure there's anything else relevant in Settings.

Using the web browser (IE9) I can browse the EPG no problem, but going to Videos gives me "No files or folders found". Music shows me the artists, alboms etc, but clicking on them shows nothing, no songs.

Any advice? This would be great if I can just get this bit working.
(I'm not a great Linux man but I gather switching on debugging and using alogcat on my phone would be helpful?)

Thanks.
Ferg.
fergusfog
Raw Potato

Re: No content showing at all

Postby fergusfog » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:25 pm

Okay, so there's a typo in RP that has only a single backslash at the beginning of the UNC path.

Despite that, I have only one UNC path in the Videos section "\\homeserver\share" and it's still not showing any content.
Likewise, when the Music library is on a remote machine (WHS 2011 in this case), no music files show up.

Seems like a big problem with remote media...

Not sure anyone's listening to me though.
fergusfog
Raw Potato

Postby fergusfog » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:01 am

And the problem is the service was running under a different account from the one used to map the network drives.

Thanks for your help.
fergusfog
Raw Potato

Postby andreaseide » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:39 pm

Hi.
Happy it sorted itself out for you.
:-)
--AndreasE--
Remote Potato Forum Moderator.

FAQ: How to post debug logs | How to clear your browser cache
andreaseide
Wise Potato

Postby bshaf » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:16 am

I have the exact same problem (ie not music/pics/videos showing) and my content is also stored on a WHS2011 machine. Can you please explain exactly how you got it working? I'm not as tech savvy as most. Thanks!
bshaf
Raw Potato

Postby andreaseide » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:52 pm

You need to make sure that the user you enter as a user for the media libraries actually have access to the folders on the WHS.
And if you add drives manually in Remote Potato, make sure you enter the full paths like \\whsname\sharename and not the mapped drives.
--AndreasE--
Remote Potato Forum Moderator.

FAQ: How to post debug logs | How to clear your browser cache
andreaseide
Wise Potato

Postby kli77 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:09 pm

I'm also having this issue with my setup. I am running WHS 2011 along with Win7MCE on a box with a Q6600 CPU, 4GB RAM. All my media is stored on the WHS. Newly recorded shows are automatically moved to the WHS via the WHS Archive Service. I have 2 users on my MC - one is a restricted account with no PW that is normally logged in when the MC is on. The other is my admin account (which is where I installed Remote Potato as a service). The admin account is normally logged off. I used my WHS connector account as the user/pw when running the Remote Potato wizard. However, no shows are listed (except for shows that haven't been moved to the WHS yet), no pictures are listed, and no music is playable.

I should note that for Music, i can see all the albums and artists etc, but not individual songs.

Any ideas as to what the issue is?
kli77
New Potato

Postby kli77 » Wed May 02, 2012 5:38 am

Ok after I've finally been able to resolve the issues. I uninstalled the app, cleaned out the registry, and reinstalled (although I think the following things were the actual fixes):

1) I realized that the WHS 2011 user password (launchpad) wasn't the same as the user password for the media center. I updated the password and all the media content was displayed correctly.

2) Even though i had RP 1.06 installed, it turned out that the unc network path wasn't being utilized correctly somehow. I had typed it in manually before (lowercase) and it wasn't working. When i used the add folder option and selected it via the folder tree, recorded tv episodes were finally displayed correctly again.

Hope this helps someone else out there.
kli77
New Potato

Return to General