Music Library Account

General discussion about Remote Potato, plus download and new release information.
Forum rules
No spamming, flaming, or abuse - play nicely!

Music Library Account

Postby xxxberto55 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:31 pm

So it was working fine and then suddenly I started getting an error message that remote potato couldn't start make sure I had the right username and password in the Music Library tab. I don't really password protect the computer and cannot figure out what it wants here. I uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled and still no joy. Anybody have a direction to try?
xxxberto55
New Potato

Re: Music Library Account

Postby xxxberto55 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:30 pm

Nobody? Nobody else has this problem?
xxxberto55
New Potato

Postby AmPal00 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:06 pm

I am having the same issue. Under the general tab for the music library, I input a username and password and it worked initially but subsequent tries have had no effect as it says there is incorrect information. I to have un-installed the product and re-installed with no success.
AmPal00
Raw Potato

Postby xxxberto55 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:18 am

Seems like this software is dead....guess I'll have to find something else.
xxxberto55
New Potato

Postby Carlos » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:59 am

Development has not stopped on Remote Potato, but it has certainly slowed down a little. Rest assured I am here - and development will continue, albeit at a slower pace! Even if I'm not able to check the forums as often, I hope that they continue to be a useful place for users to exchange tips, information, and help each other with any problems.

Re: the music library account issues that a few users have experienced, it's very hard to establish why this is happening, since Remote Potato just uses Windows native APIs to log in as the user, with the credentials that you specify. There's no weird trickery going on, which makes it very tough to debug an issue like this.

I will keep thinking, but ask that you post any extra details that may be relevant or help us to establish a common connection between users expericing this issue - are you on a domain, for example? Are you using Windows 7? Are there any non-standard characters in your username and/or password?

Carlos

FAQ: How to post debug logs | How to clear your browser cache

If you've found Remote Potato useful, please consider buying me a pint. Much appreciated!
Carlos
Head Potato

Postby xxxberto55 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:12 pm

I completely uninstalled and reinstalled (maybe a newer version) and this seemed to fix my problem. I had to delete anything RemotePotato related though.
xxxberto55
New Potato

Postby Carlos » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:13 pm

Interesting - sorry that you had to do that, but it is indeed intriguing that this fixed the issue. Thanks for letting us know, hopefully this will help anybody else having this issue.

In addition to uninstalling RP, what else did you have to delete?

If you've found Remote Potato useful, please consider buying me a pint. Much appreciated!
Carlos
Head Potato

Postby han_so » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:27 pm

I do have my Media Center setup as Domain Member. Is it possible to use domain\user for music library account?

Thanks Han
han_so
Raw Potato

Postby Carlos » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:13 pm

I don't believe that worked when I tried it.

Carlos
Head Potato

Postby smurs » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:05 pm

I would like to chime in as well, I've been having this same issue for many months (even possible a couple of years?? Definitely on the last few version of the PC software). I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. Every time I attempt to adjust the settings and stop the server, I am unable to restart the server no matter WHAT I do. No combination of passwords work, and I don't have any nonstandard characters. I have hit this issue at least 8-9 times, and every time the only solution is to uninstall and reinstall the software, nad just leavea blank the music library info. Would be happy to send logs if necessary. Also just to clarify, I AM supposed to use my user account settings right? The name and password for this profile on my computer? I have windows media player set up to stream, could there be a conflict there?
smurs
New Potato

Return to General