Silver Live for WP7 Availability?

Discuss the Remote Potato clients available for Windows Phone 7
Forum rules
No spamming, flaming or excessive self promotion - you have been warned!

Silver Live for WP7 Availability?

Postby ksaunder » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:39 pm

Is there a time frame in which you anticipate Silver Live being available for WP7?
ksaunder
Raw Potato

Re: Silver Live for WP7 Availability?

Postby Carlos » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:32 pm

Hi there

There is no information on this at the present time. Certainly not before Q3-Q4 2011. The implementation of Silverlight's MediaStreamSource on Windows Phone 7 is different and requires some more investigation. Unfortunately exactly how it differs, and related threading issues, are poorly documented which makes the process harder. Right now the work is going into bringing the iPad client to release.

C

FAQ: How to post debug logs | How to clear your browser cache

If you've found Remote Potato useful, please consider buying me a pint. Much appreciated!
Carlos
Head Potato

Postby spokanedj » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:49 am

2 Months and four MS Engineers later and they are still scratching thier heads. Hopefully the SL for WP7 will get resolved before Mango is released. ;)
Smart Potato for Windows Phone 7: http://www.ntworld.com
spokanedj
Hot Potato

Postby jagowar » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:06 pm

Any update on progress being made for wp7? My apps are still using the old streaming engine so I am assuming this has not been fixed yet.
jagowar
New Potato

Postby spokanedj » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:48 pm

I have a test version of Smart Potato that supports Silver Live on 2nd Generation Mango Phones. So far I have tested it on an HTC Titan and Samsung Focus S. However, trying any any of the 1st Gen Phones running Mango produces undesirable results and is mustly unusuable. I'm not sure if its the SG2 SOC or something else.

I'm trying to resolve one more issue with changing the current playing position and then I'll probably release an update that include the SilverLive for WP7 component. If anyone wants to give it a try ahead of the release and has a Developer unlocked phone, send me a PM.
spokanedj
Hot Potato

Postby jagowar » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:04 am

Is the issue with the first gen devices something you expect to eventually figure out? I have a original samsung focus that I was not planning on upgrading until next fall for apollo.

I had it unlocked at one point but with mango I think I am going to keep it stock going forward.... probably better anyways since maybe by the time the official update happens you will have the gen 1 issues resolved.
jagowar
New Potato

Postby spokanedj » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:13 am

I really don't know. I spent quite a bit of time working with Microsoft on the pre-release Mango trying to figure out the problem on 1st Gen phones. Nothing was ever resolved. The Mango Emulator works fine, but 1st Gen Phones give a grainy video. I had all but given up on it, until I got my Focus S and tried it one day. I think the 2nd Gen Phones with the 2nd Gen Snapdragon SOC seems to have better codec/decoding support. The wierd thing is that both generation phones play mpeg4 video fine. It might be just finding the video transcoding settings that the 1st gen phones like.
spokanedj
Hot Potato

Return to Remote Potato for Windows Phone 7