remote control for music playback ?

Discuss the Remote Potato clients available for Windows Phone 7
Forum rules
No spamming, flaming or excessive self promotion - you have been warned!

remote control for music playback ?

Postby octoclops » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:36 am

Just installed RP and Media Buddy on my WP7. These are useful apps and kudos to the folks who authored them! The scenario that i can't get to work seems like a simple one, but maybe i need another app. I am able to see the music library sitting on my media center PC from my WP7 as well as from a laptop. What i would like to be able to do is pick a song/album/playlist from Media Buddy on the WP7 and have the music start playing out the speakers that are hard wired to the HTPC (Via a AV receiver). I don't want the music streamed to my phone for playback, i want it 'left' to play out the 'regular' HTPC/media center audio out jacks. I have tried the Remote feature of Media Buddy, but you cant browse any music in that view. Is there some way to use WP7 to act only as a remote control and 'leave' the audio to play out the standard HTPC/media center interface ?? My HTPC is hidden and has no line of sight for IR, so i was hoping to be able to sit on the couch and pick songs to listen to without having to turn on the TV screen and pick up a remote. thanks in advance!
octoclops
Raw Potato

Re: remote control for music playback ?

Postby andreaseide » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:13 am

Its not possible with this software.
You could have a look at any upnp software, both with a library on your htpc and a player at your phone
--AndreasE--
Remote Potato Forum Moderator.

FAQ: How to post debug logs | How to clear your browser cache
andreaseide
Wise Potato

Postby Helgor » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:52 pm

@octoclops

if you wait some days it works
Helgor
Hot Potato

Postby massimo » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:52 pm

Hi, I'm also requesting this feature before I buy the app. How far have you come in the implementation of it?
Other than this this seems to be a great app been looking for a solution like this a long time.

*EDIT. First post and I didn't see which sub forum this topic was (was using the search function). I'm not using a windows phone, but an iPhone, maybe it's already implemented for iOS?
massimo
Raw Potato

Return to Remote Potato for Windows Phone 7