Authentication Failed - Windows Phone 7

Discuss the Remote Potato clients available for Windows Phone 7
Forum rules
No spamming, flaming or excessive self promotion - you have been warned!

Authentication Failed - Windows Phone 7

Postby MysterW » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:26 am

Things seem to work just fine via the browser. But when attempting to connect via the phone, even on the same vLan I get an authentication failed error. I started out with the Trial version on the phone and version 1.0 on the windows 7 home computer. Upgraded to the full version on the phone thinking that maybe that feature wasn't activated (I wasn't able to easily locate a list of what features are not available on the trial version). Still had the same problem. So, I upgraded to the technical preview. Still, same issue. I have a CAP file of the communication between the phone and the server if that would be helpful.

Thanks..
MysterW
Raw Potato

Re: Authentication Failed - Windows Phone 7

Postby MysterW » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:17 am

Confusion with error messages. When remote it says authentication is successful followed by "settings download failed". When still on the local WiFi I get the "authentication failed" message.

Again, works fine via the browser.
MysterW
Raw Potato

Re: Authentication Failed - Windows Phone 7

Postby MysterW » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:57 am

BTW.. The password moves over the internet in the packets in clear text due to basic authentication. I would be nice to use something a tiny bit more secure. At least in this case seeing it in the sniff allowed me to verify that the password is totally correct and matches the same user account and password I use via the browser on my local vLan. I won't be using the application remotely for security reasons at least until you can maybe support NTLM or can use a certificate and send it via SSL so at least the password is encrypted. I would still very much like to use the program.

Thanks...
MysterW
Raw Potato

Return to Remote Potato for Windows Phone 7