New internal audio player with albumart!

Discuss the Remote Potato clients available for the Android mobile OS
Forum rules
No spamming flaming etc

New internal audio player with albumart!

Postby piet5211 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:36 pm

RMC now has a new internal audio player with albumart!
No need for just playlists anymore.
Please post any issues you might have in this thread.
It is great when you use Remote Media Center for android, see frequently asked questions, any donations would be appreciated.
piet5211
Top Potato

Re: New internal audio player with albumart!

Postby ACraigL » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:13 am

Hi Piet,

I really appreciate your continued development of this app. As Carl will tell you, I have quite a passion for this :)

Unfortunately, the new music player does not load, times out and asks to force close. When I do, it returns me back to the play selector screen. I'm on a Motorola Atrix running 2.2. Let me know if you need more information or if you have ideas to resolve it.

Thanks!
Andy
ACraigL
Wise Potato

Postby piet5211 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:24 pm

Do you have your music on a a networked drive?

Could you supply me with your logcat when this happens (after switching on debug in settings). You can make a logcat with the app alogcat.

Maybe I could try from my end, but then I need your ip, port etc.

Did just playlists work for you?
It is great when you use Remote Media Center for android, see frequently asked questions, any donations would be appreciated.
piet5211
Top Potato

Postby ACraigL » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:36 pm

Hi Piet,

My music is definitely networked, and works both with the RP web interface as well as with the iPhone app. I never used playlists (just didn't get around to it). I'll have to get the log going for you. You're welcome to access my server -- Carl does this all the time.
I'll PM you with the details, or email me at andrew [at] pointlisse [dot] com.
ACraigL
Wise Potato

Postby ACraigL » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:40 pm

Piet -- PM sent.
ACraigL
Wise Potato

Postby piet5211 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:25 pm

I have no problem playing your audio on all my 4 androids and the emulator, but one.On this one the android internal audio player also has problems playing most audio (on your media center and on mine).

Did you try to play with the android internal android player (with the second option "Play slected songs in vplayer (WMA supported)")? Did it work?
piet5211
Top Potato

Postby ACraigL » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:44 pm

It does work with Vplayer. It also works with Google Music Beta. Now the kicker... the same song started working with the internal player after that. Could that have been cached from one of the other 2? So far I can't reproduce this, but fairly certain that I'm not crazy.
ACraigL
Wise Potato

Postby piet5211 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:40 pm

One of my androids also sometimes plays with the RMC internal player, mostly not.

Are vplayer and Google Music Beta the only options you have playing with the second option in RMC?
Last edited by piet5211 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
piet5211
Top Potato

Postby ACraigL » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:50 pm

No, I also have the stock player and media playerPro (purchased). Neither of these work with the stream.
ACraigL
Wise Potato

Postby piet5211 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:19 am

I see that it is a common problem with mediaplayer.prepare(). http://www.google.com/search?q=mediaplayer+prepare+failed+status+0x1+url&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&lr=lang_nl#sclient=psy&hl=en&source=hp&q=mediaplayer+prepare+failed+status+0x1+url&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=5014d35bb6efb157&biw=2072&bih=1034.
There seems to be a solution for local mp3 files, however I haven't found a good solution for streams from url's yet.
But there must be one, since some players work...

Could you please provide me with a logcat to see whether you have the same problem?
Last edited by piet5211 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
piet5211
Top Potato

Next

Return to Remote Potato for Android