Android app available for beta testing

Discuss the Remote Potato clients available for the Android mobile OS
Forum rules
No spamming flaming etc

Re: Android app available for beta testing

Postby piet5211 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:09 am

PeeWee wrote:- loading the EPG grid through 2G is very slow. After about 15 seconds, the first channel names show up and the pop-up Loading TV programs starts spinning.
It takes another 140 seconds for the grid to show. Most of this time, the up/down indicator for 2G Traffic is lit, so i think quite some data is downloaded.

EPG loading in 2G is quicker now
It is great when you use Remote Media Center for android, see frequently asked questions, any donations would be appreciated.
piet5211
Top Potato

Postby Capple123 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:46 pm

vplayer general worked now. Where is vplayer (Full)? it seems that it is no longer available on the market. What is a person losing with the general version?
Capple123
Potato

Postby orion_uk » Tue May 03, 2011 6:33 pm

Capple123 wrote:vplayer general worked now. Where is vplayer (Full)? it seems that it is no longer available on the market. What is a person losing with the general version?

I played with this a while back but had an opperation and was unable to use my hands for a while, now i am healed (mostly) I really want to get this thing going again!

I have paid Vplayer, this was working great a while back (cant find vplater general APK any more!) but now vplayer says loading and drops back to the info/preview screen of the program i want to watch!

It happens on my HTC wildfire (Android 2.22), My Archos 101 Tablet (Android 2.3.26) and my Android 2.1 tablet!!!

It use to tell me that Vplayer needed to be installed (even though I tried many versions of vplayer!) and Finally found a version that Remote potato would `see` and load up, but then i came across the issue where i cant get any file to play as after loading, vplayer drops out!

I am using the 0.98.26.0 version of Remote potato server on Windows 7 HP and the android APK (Remote Media Centre) on my devices.

Any advice to get this working again would be great please?

Thank you.
orion_uk
New Potato

Postby piet5211 » Tue May 03, 2011 7:48 pm

I have paid Vplayer, this was working great a while back (cant find vplater general APK any more!) but now vplayer says loading and drops back to the info/preview screen of the program i want to watch!
[/quote]

Thanks for using Remote Media Center. I regret vplayer isn't working for you on any of your devices. I could send you vplayer general if you send me your email address.
It is great when you use Remote Media Center for android, see frequently asked questions, any donations would be appreciated.
piet5211
Top Potato

Postby docprego » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:03 am

Just updated to v.50 and now the app is force closing every time upon launch after the logo appears. Also can you please get rid of the logo or at least provide a toggle to disable it?

Thank you.
docprego
Hot Potato

Postby piet5211 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:25 am

docprego wrote:Just updated to v.50 and now the app is force closing every time upon launch after the logo appears. Also can you please get rid of the logo or at least provide a toggle to disable it?

Thank you.

- Does the fc still happen with v.51?
- Startup logo will be removed in v.52.
piet5211
Top Potato

Postby dsr87 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:23 pm

Hi Piet,

I'm running latest Remote Potato server, Android App and Just Playlists (4.20). Now when I go to play a playlist I receive the error "Unsupported Content Type: /html" in Just Playlists. It did this in 4.12 and 4.20 versions of Just Playlists. It did not used to do this several versions ago for all three apps, but I can't pin point when it happened.

Any ideas?

Thanks
dsr87
Raw Potato

Postby piet5211 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:36 pm

Hi,

I also have problems playing music in just playlists 4.2 on my xoom.
I do have a version (4.1) that works. PM me with you email address, then I can send you the apk, it just might work.

edit: I do also have some problems with 4.1, although not as frequent

edit: The need for just playlists is removed. RMC now has an internal audio player of its own with albumart!
Last edited by piet5211 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
piet5211
Top Potato

Postby docprego » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:58 am

piet5211 wrote:
docprego wrote:Just updated to v.50 and now the app is force closing every time upon launch after the logo appears. Also can you please get rid of the logo or at least provide a toggle to disable it?

Thank you.

- Does the fc still happen with v.51?
- Startup logo will be removed in v.52.

The app has been running well since v.51. Thanks for disabling the logo.
docprego
Hot Potato

Postby Kraxis » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:21 am

I am trying to use Remote Media Center I cannot seem to play any videos or recorded TV from my Droid 3. I get "File cannot be displayed or played". Streaming music works and streaming to my laptop via silverlight works (for video and recorded tv).. I see video stills in the thumbnails...and I've tried using every listed aspect ratio.
Kraxis
Raw Potato

PreviousNext

Return to Remote Potato for Android