Want to try on Blackberry Playbook - Need APK file

Discuss the Remote Potato clients available for the Android mobile OS
Forum rules
No spamming flaming etc

Want to try on Blackberry Playbook - Need APK file

Postby captain_tinker » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:24 am

I would love to try the Remote Media Center app on my Blackberry Playbook. With the built in Android support on the OS2 beta, I am able to convert an apk to a .bar file and sideload it. This would be a very interesting thing to try and see if it works. I've looked all over the web for a copy of the apk file, but cannot find it. Would someone please let me know where I can get it so I can test it and see if it works?
captain_tinker
New Potato

Re: Want to try on Blackberry Playbook - Need APK file

Postby piet5211 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:58 pm

PM me your email and I will send you a copy.

I you'd like, please post results in this thread.
It is great when you use Remote Media Center for android, see frequently asked questions, any donations would be appreciated.
piet5211
Top Potato

Postby captain_tinker » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:22 pm

IT WORKS!!! It works VERY well in fact! I was able to browse the EPG, schedule a recording, listen to music, look at pictures, browse videos, but I couldn't play the videos, yet. I'm going to have to see if I can figure out how to do that. It came up and asked me which player I wanted to use to view, and then said it couldn't play it with that viewer. I may need to install another viewer to have that work, we'll see. But that's ok, it works for all of the other functionality I wanted so far. There were a few unusual things, for example in the EPG screen, while scrolling down to the bottom, the last few lines were blacked out until I did a screen refresh. I figured out that I had to add all 14 channels I have to the block in the settings, instead of just the default 11. So now that works just fine. I have to say, I'm really impressed! This will be extremely useful to me now, so THANK YOU!

CapT
captain_tinker
New Potato

Postby bellerbusch » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:06 pm

will you please post a link or something to your BAR file please. I would like to side load it.

Thanks
bellerbusch
Raw Potato

Postby captain_tinker » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:43 pm

Bellerbusch, did you get the file I sent? Did you get it loaded? How did it work for you? Just curious since it worked so well for me. Now if I could just find the right video player to stream the files, it would be perfect! Of course it would be even better if I knew how to program, and I would build a version of it for Playbook. Owell, at least this works for now.
captain_tinker
New Potato

Postby kingofall026 » Mon May 07, 2012 2:33 am

is there a .bar file for this I'd like to load it onto my playbook
kingofall026
Raw Potato

Return to Remote Potato for Android