Android App UI Preview

Made a theme for Remote Potato, or an App using the API? Post the details here so other users can help test it, or just to show it off in all its glory!
Forum rules
No spamming, flaming or excessive self-promotion - play nicely!

Android App UI Preview

Postby bjg222 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:04 pm

Hi everyone, I just wanted to post an update on the progress of my RP Android app. Right now it's still in the early stages of development. So far, I've just been trying to the UI right, but I think I'm to the point where I can share it with the forum for some feedback. The UI is working, now, but the app has no other functionality. Below are some screen shots of the app as it stands now. It's far from polished, and filled with dummy data for now, but it will give you an idea of where I'm going (For example, I haven't yet implemented the channel and time headers in the guide view...). If you're the adventurous, tinkering sort (probably the majority of Android users right now!), I can send you the apk to install so you can play with it a bit. I only have a Hero and a G1 for testing, both of which have 480 x 320 screens, so I'm interested in getting feedback on how it looks on higher resolution screens like the Droid and Nexus One, which are closer to 800x480.

Please let me know what you think!

Billy

Main application screen:

Guide screen:

Search screen:

Recordings screen:

Schedule screen:
bjg222
Potato

Re: Android App UI Preview

Postby Carlos » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:44 pm

Billy

Looks awesome! Be great when we can get this working.

Liaise with me directly on the API as there are likely to be a few changes with v0.90 of Remote Potato which is coming out imminently.

Carlos

FAQ: How to post debug logs | How to clear your browser cache

If you've found Remote Potato useful, please consider buying me a pint. Much appreciated!
Carlos
Head Potato

Postby bjg222 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:11 pm

Glad you like it! I'm just working on adding the time and channel headers to the guide view, then I can start working on the guts of behind the UI. I'll PM you when I get to that point so we can work out the details of interfacing with the API.

Billy
bjg222
Potato

Postby jasaero » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:41 pm

I have a droid to give you and idea what the higher resolutions do with your UI.

Is the API gonna allow streaming with this App or just remote MC recording and scheduling control and such?
jasaero
Raw Potato

Postby Carlos » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:03 pm

jasaero wrote:Is the API gonna allow streaming with this App or just remote MC recording and scheduling control and such?

The API initially will just expose the data for EPG display and allow scheduling of those programmes.

C

If you've found Remote Potato useful, please consider buying me a pint. Much appreciated!
Carlos
Head Potato

Postby duncane » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:21 pm

Hi, I have a Nexus One if you still want people to test. I've helped Carl out in the past with testing some RP stuff. ;)

Cheers
Ewan
duncane
New Potato

Postby tomlejeune » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:16 am

Looks pretty good. I have a Motorola droid. if you need any testing i would be more then happy to offer any assistance possible
tomlejeune
Raw Potato

Postby andreaseide » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:16 pm

Hi.

I just got a HTC Desire with Android 2.2, and I would love to test your Android app:D
--AndreasE--
Remote Potato Forum Moderator.

andreaseide
Wise Potato

Postby xport » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:24 pm

Hey Billy, the screenshots look great! I would love to try this app. I have a T-Mobile myTouch 3G running 1.6 only ... :cry:

Please let me know!

Aaron
xport
Raw Potato

Postby supersej » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:52 am

Hi,
I got a Sonyericsson X10 (android 1.6) and I would be very interested in testing it also
supersej
Raw Potato

Next

Return to Themes and Apps