Release Candidate - buffering of stream

If you're using a tech preview version of Remote Potato then don't post in the regular support forums, as it's not supported in the same way. Instead please check in here for known issues and post your feedback and bug reports. Your comments and feedback are actively encouraged!
Forum rules
No spamming, flaming or excessive self-promotion. Please play nicely!

Release Candidate - buffering of stream

Postby Robklubs » Thu May 19, 2011 12:21 pm

This upgrade is fantastic. One minor issue that I've found - streaming recorded shows via the web, using Chrome . . . it does not seem to buffer (or pad) past what is currently being played. This causes periodic pauses in playback. However, the seek features work beautifully and the quality is sick.

Interestingly, on the iOS app, the playback is perfect, super high quality, and the seeking works.
Robklubs
Hot Potato

Re: Tech Pvw - Pls post feedback and bug reports in this for

Postby Robklubs » Thu May 19, 2011 4:29 pm

Just to expand on my last post - the buffering seems lacking on only the highest two quality settings. Even if it's paused, the buffer doesn't build up. This does not happen on the iOS app - top quality settings do seem to buffer.

Even though it's not an official feature, I tried out live TV streaming. It kind of works. If you record a show at 12:00 and start watching it live at 12:15, the stream (both web and iOS) will only play for 15 minutes - the total time it has recorded when you start the viewing. Now, with the seek-able video, you can just stop and resume from where you are. It'd be nice if it just played.

Overall, this upgrade just rocks.
Robklubs
Hot Potato

Re: Release Candidate - buffering of stream

Postby Kairu » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:01 pm

This sounds like Chrome may require the information about how long a stream is going to be, and cuts it off at that point. Do you have any logs we can look at? Cleared beforehand and let to run until you recreate the problem preferably.
Kairu - Code Testing / Forum Moderator
Kairu
Wise Potato

Return to Tech Previews - Discussion