v0.98.18 - 2 channels with same logo

If you're using a tech preview version of Remote Potato then don't post in the regular support forums, as it's not supported in the same way. Instead please check in here for known issues and post your feedback and bug reports. Your comments and feedback are actively encouraged!
Forum rules
No spamming, flaming or excessive self-promotion. Please play nicely!

v0.98.18 - 2 channels with same logo

Postby Maeglin » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:16 pm

We have 2 PBS stations in the Atlanta area (WGTV and WPBA), and MyChannelLogos seems to assign the same logo to both of them. The logo shows up properly for both channels in the WMC on-screen guide and the Remote Potato HTML UI, but in the Silverlight UI I get the logo for WGTV (ch 8 on Comcast) and nothing (not even the callsign) for WPBA (ch 16).

I don't see anything related in the debug log, but then I don't have any of the debug options turned on. If there is one that may be helpful, though, I can turn that on and paste any relevant log text.
Maeglin
New Potato

Re: v0.98.18 - 2 channels with same logo

Postby Maeglin » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:50 pm

Issue seems to have resolved itself. WMC's EPG database recently burped, throwing off RP's display of it. When I told it today to reload channels from WMC (after finding the forum post on that problem), both PBS channels now have a logo.
Maeglin
New Potato

Postby Carlos » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:22 pm

I was just coming here to suggest that! ;)

Glad it worked for you. Future updates to RP server are going to automatically merge in changes to the channel database when it changes within WMC.

Carlos

FAQ: How to post debug logs | How to clear your browser cache

If you've found Remote Potato useful, please consider buying me a pint. Much appreciated!
Carlos
Head Potato

Postby Maeglin » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:00 pm

I did that when I first noticed the problem, though, and it didn't have any effect. It seemed like the EPG database error (after which I guess WMC rebuilt that), followed by reloading the channel list into RP, is what fixed the problem.
Maeglin
New Potato

Postby Carlos » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:38 pm

The newer tech preview (v0.98.25 + ) has an experimental 'merge channels' facility which will automatically try to resolve issues like this.

Carlos

FAQ: How to post debug logs | How to clear your browser cache

If you've found Remote Potato useful, please consider buying me a pint. Much appreciated!
Carlos
Head Potato

Return to Tech Previews - Discussion