Tech Pvw - Pls post feedback and bug reports in this forum

If you're using a tech preview version of Remote Potato then don't post in the regular support forums, as it's not supported in the same way. Instead please check in here for known issues and post your feedback and bug reports. Your comments and feedback are actively encouraged!
Forum rules
No spamming, flaming or excessive self-promotion. Please play nicely!

Tech Pvw - Pls post feedback and bug reports in this forum

Postby Carlos » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:39 am

This new forum is to separate out any comments and feedback relating to the Tech Preview releases of Remote Potato, which many of you have been using.

They're not actively supported in the usual way, as they are designed to be an early preview of features, so it makes sense to have a separate area to discuss issues and feedback.

Therefore, it would be very much appreciated if you could post your reactions and feedback to the Tech Preview in this forum.

Thanks!

Carlos

FAQ: How to post debug logs | How to clear your browser cache

If you've found Remote Potato useful, please consider buying me a pint. Much appreciated!
Carlos
Head Potato

Re: Tech Pvw - Pls post feedback and bug reports in this for

Postby meno69 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:37 am

Hi Carlos,
I've done 3 different installs of Remote Potato 0.93.4 and have entered a username and password each time for the music streaming. Then once the install is finished I go to preferences and change the default port then I hit start. It then says to check if the account username and password is correct. I then do this and it is fine.

I would assume this is a bug and not by design since the install asks for a password but never uses it.
meno69
Raw Potato

Postby Carlos » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:21 pm

I think you're right, it seems to be okay when doing a re-install, but not on a clean one.

Thanks.

C

If you've found Remote Potato useful, please consider buying me a pint. Much appreciated!
Carlos
Head Potato

Postby Livin » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:44 am

Will there be a new preview soon?
Livin
Hot Potato

Postby jdtaylor » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:59 pm

Well in the latest version in the mobile theme is it me if you go to the record page and then press the browser back button you get listings from an hour earlier or later than where the guide was left.
jdtaylor
Hot Potato

Postby Carlos » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:45 pm

jdtaylor wrote:Well in the latest version in the mobile theme is it me if you go to the record page and then press the browser back button you get listings from an hour earlier or later than where the guide was left.

If it's an issue please post a new thread

Carlos
Head Potato

Postby cwestpha » Tue May 17, 2011 1:05 pm

Nice to see that now has seeking support. Confirmed it working under Windows, Mac (silverlight), and Linux (latest moonlight). Set all of the options for streaming to maximum under advanced options and its quite amazing for the streaming quality. The only issue is the CPU usage is 64% average for my dual core 2.93 Ghz Core i3 based HTPC. Aside from the ocasional little glitch, something not auto-refreshing for the most part, everything seems to be working well when it comes to streaming. With the addition of the buffer and the pause already implemented perhaps hardware assisted acceleration of the transcoding is the next step? I know mediacoder and a few other open source projects are working on OpenCL acceleration for transcoding.

I would test with the iPhone version but I havent had it since the beta ended and I would have to pay to keep testing. Seeking and pause may be enough to make me pay some money though.
cwestpha
Raw Potato

Postby Carlos » Wed May 18, 2011 1:06 pm

cwestpha wrote:Nice to see that now has seeking support. Confirmed it working under Windows, Mac (silverlight), and Linux (latest moonlight).

That's great! First report yet of it working on Linux! ;)

cwestpha wrote:The only issue is the CPU usage is 64% average for my dual core 2.93 Ghz Core i3 based HTPC.

To be honest, that's not too bad for transcoding half-frame 25fps H264 video without GPU acceleration.

Yes, I'll keep an eye on ffmpeg's process re: hardware-based acceleration and integrate any developments into the project.

Carlos

Carlos
Head Potato

Postby nickb » Wed May 18, 2011 3:09 pm

Carlos! The RC Candidate is AWESOME! Well done! What a vast improvemant all around. The streaming is fantastic. Great quality picture. Still having some problems streaming lossless WMA music files though. One other request though...would be nice to have a stop button for streaming video and music. :)

Thanks again for a great job!
nickb
Hot Potato

Postby Carlos » Thu May 19, 2011 9:53 pm

Thanks all

Carlos

Carlos
Head Potato

Return to Tech Previews - Discussion