getting halting video and only 10 seconds of audio (FIXED)

If you're using a tech preview version of Remote Potato then don't post in the regular support forums, as it's not supported in the same way. Instead please check in here for known issues and post your feedback and bug reports. Your comments and feedback are actively encouraged!
Forum rules
No spamming, flaming or excessive self-promotion. Please play nicely!

getting halting video and only 10 seconds of audio (FIXED)

Postby madman999 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:08 pm

realized i posted in wrong forum...

I recently rebuilt the htpc that I had successfully running Media Center and Remote Potato on. everything was working fine but since I reinstalled it, i have had the following issues and am trying to figure out where the problem is.

I have a P4 Hyperthreaded 3.2 box with 2 gb of RAM and an AGP Nvidia 6600 video card on Windows 7 32 bit. I know, it; sounds a little underpowered but it was working surprisingly well for local and remote simultaneous streaming so i don;t think it;s the hardware at fault. The tuner I use are network connected Silicondust HD Homerun 2 port. The computer HD died so I had to reinstall the OS. I recently updated the tuner to the latest firmware. for local viewing, everything works fine. Also viewing from web page on local segment via silver light is fine too. I am running the latest tech preview version 1.11. in the past, running the stable version gave me stuttering performance. however, I thought I got over that when I switched to moboplayer for video playback. another thing that has happened since is that my phone-HTC incredible updated itself to gingerbread 2.3.4.

since I reinstalled the system, local viewing on my phone over local wifi and a nook color tablet for anything new that i have recorded only gives me about 10 seconds of audio and then drops out. also, the picture pauses and stutters alot. since i am on local wifi, I would not think that I am having a network issue.

the wrinkle here is that all the old stuff I recorded in WTV plays fine on the phone through remote potato as well as avi and mp4 files i have stored on the machine. this leads me to believe that I am having a configuration issue with just new recordings. they are all stored on the same local 7200 rpm sata data drive, separate from the OS drive. i did install the streaming audio pack but didn;t seem to help.

anyone else have issues like mines? any performance tweaks I should know of?

thanks in advance
madman999
Potato

Re: getting halting video and only 10 seconds of audio

Postby madman999 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:55 pm

you can disregard this, i just threw hardware at the problem-in this case upgrading to a quad core machine as well as Windows 7 64 bit. playback is fine now. 32 bit version of ffmpeg still gobbles up about 40% of CPU.
madman999
Potato

Re: getting halting video and only 10 seconds of audio (FIX

Postby Carlos » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:30 pm

Glad to hear that you got it sorted out! ;)

Carlos

FAQ: How to post debug logs | How to clear your browser cache

If you've found Remote Potato useful, please consider buying me a pint. Much appreciated!
Carlos
Head Potato

Return to Tech Previews - Discussion