Read First - Network / Connection Problems FAQ

Can't access your home PC, or stream from it over the Internet? Need to forward ports? Post your problems here, exchange tips and read the FAQ about how to get things working.
Forum rules
No spamming, flaming or excessive self-promotion.

Re: Read First - Network / Connection Problems FAQ

Postby Carlos » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:35 pm

Topic bumped to top.

Please remember everyone this is an FAQ thread, post support queries in a separate new thread.

Carlos

FAQ: How to post debug logs | How to clear your browser cache

If you've found Remote Potato useful, please consider buying me a pint. Much appreciated!
Carlos
Head Potato

Postby vlstyles » Fri May 20, 2011 12:42 pm

I did not find this posted elsewhere, but for those having issues with the Remote Control portion of the android app you'll need to make sure that
PORT 19080
has been forwarded. I finally found out what was wrong after enabling and looking at the log file for the RPKeySender. Perhaps an admin or the poster can add this note to the to the original post of this thread...that would make 5 ports that need to be forwarded if using the remote control portion.
vlstyles
Raw Potato

Postby Carlos » Sat May 21, 2011 10:44 pm

vlstyles wrote:I did not find this posted elsewhere, but for those having issues with the Remote Control portion of the android app you'll need to make sure that
PORT 19080
has been forwarded. I finally found out what was wrong after enabling and looking at the log file for the RPKeySender. Perhaps an admin or the poster can add this note to the to the original post of this thread...that would make 5 ports that need to be forwarded if using the remote control portion.

No, this is not correct.

Port 19080 is only ever used internally for the service to communicate with the remote control app on your machine, it is not used over the Internet and therefore does not need to be forwarded.

Carlos

FAQ: How to post debug logs | How to clear your browser cache

If you've found Remote Potato useful, please consider buying me a pint. Much appreciated!
Carlos
Head Potato

Previous

Return to Support - Streaming / Network / Connectivity