Can conncet but cannot set recording *Fixed*

Can't access your home PC, or stream from it over the Internet? Need to forward ports? Post your problems here, exchange tips and read the FAQ about how to get things working.
Forum rules
No spamming, flaming or excessive self-promotion.

Can conncet but cannot set recording *Fixed*

Postby okhomer » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:28 pm

I am having a strange problem. I set up remote potato this weekend and set up all the ports. Going through the testing phase and I can connect from both the DNS outside the network and locally within the net work. the problem is when I connect from outside the network I can't set recordings. I can see the guide and is says it is set but when looking at the scheduled shows on the PC it does not show up but shows on the site and APPS. Also, while looking at scheduled shows on the site and apps no other shows are there except the show I set from the apps. But if I connect to local host I can set shows to record and they show up on in the scheduled shows section on the PC.

At the same time I can see Recorded TV from out side the network but when on local host there are no shows in Recorded TV.

I don't care so much about watching Recorded TV from outside the network. I really need this to set recordings. Please help.
Last edited by okhomer on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
okhomer
New Potato

Re: Can conncet but cannot set recording

Postby PeeWee » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:26 pm

Hi, i have never experienced nor read about the symptoms you describe, so the only advice i can give you is to try a uninstall & re-install :cry:
PeeWee
Wise Potato

Re: Can conncet but cannot set recording

Postby okhomer » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:19 am

I found what happen. I had the ports opened for the wrong IP address. I had it set for different address and had the 2nd ip address active. Thanks for your help.
okhomer
New Potato

Return to Support - Streaming / Network / Connectivity