unable to connect

Can't access your home PC, or stream from it over the Internet? Need to forward ports? Post your problems here, exchange tips and read the FAQ about how to get things working.
Forum rules
No spamming, flaming or excessive self-promotion.

unable to connect

Postby rich.h » Thu May 31, 2012 10:09 pm

Having gone through all the steps for the server I still cannot connect from any source other than localost.

My isp is BT and I have a BT home hub 3 as a router. Here is a screen print of the settings.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/Feygan/Untitled-1.jpg

I originally just had one rule that included ports 9080-9083 but got no joy so currently have them all set seperately.

The dyndns server is set as:
bagend.dyndns.tv

Also the same username and password were entered into the setup wizard using potatos inbuilt client, both with a secure username and without and no joy for either.

I can use localhost:9080 from the same machine running the server so I know remote potato is working, this must mean my router isn't doing what I am telling it or that I am doing something obviously wrong. Any help anyone can offer for this?
rich.h
Raw Potato

Re: unable to connect

Postby PeeWee » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:56 pm

Hi,

Looking at the screen print, is there a subscreen where you define the Ip adress of your pc (like 192.168.0.1 or 10.0.0.100) so the router knows where to forward to? If not, it seems your in the wrong settings window of your router (search for a screen like "port triggering",'"port forwarding" or "Virtual server".

Secondly, do you have another pc or ipad/mobile phone in your own internal LAN, so you can test if you can reach the RP server from another machine in the same subnet?
PeeWee
Wise Potato

Return to Support - Streaming / Network / Connectivity