Streaming to PC works, not to iPad or Android

Can't access your home PC, or stream from it over the Internet? Need to forward ports? Post your problems here, exchange tips and read the FAQ about how to get things working.
Forum rules
No spamming, flaming or excessive self-promotion.

Streaming to PC works, not to iPad or Android

Postby oliplot » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:01 pm

I have HTPC with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Everything works to my laptop, and everything except recorded TV works on the other devices. When I attempt to stream RecordedTV it just sits there on iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Motorola Atrix. I tried the Android app Remote Media Center and I see a dialog stating: "Cannot play video" "Sorry, this video cannot be played". I have tried HD and SD programs in various resolutions, on Windows using IE or Chrome all is well, using either Silverlight or standard HTML web.

Any hints would be appreciated.
oliplot
Raw Potato

Re: Streaming to PC works, not to iPad or Android

Postby michaelsu76 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:39 pm

Me too. Perfect streaming on any PC. Over intranet or Internet.

But on my Evo 3D, I get the exact same error you get. I'm using that Remote Media Center app. I can log in just fine. Everything else works fine. Watching any recorded TV is fail.

I downloaded the other external players others recommended. Vplayer did nothing--just died. Rockplayer gave me literally two frames after about 5 minutes of waiting... and then died.
michaelsu76
Raw Potato

Postby andreaseide » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:39 am

Hi.
I have two android units myself that works perfectly with streaming.
There are settings in vplayer where you can set both video and audio codecs to stable versions.
Can you try that?
--AndreasE--
Remote Potato Forum Moderator.

FAQ: How to post debug logs | How to clear your browser cache
andreaseide
Wise Potato

Postby oliplot » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:39 pm

Thanks, I must confess that I didnt even have VPlayer installed, now it works fine -- also using MX Player it works -- Thanks!
oliplot
Raw Potato

Return to Support - Streaming / Network / Connectivity