Streaming locking up, despite powerfull pc & portforwarding

Can't access your home PC, or stream from it over the Internet? Need to forward ports? Post your problems here, exchange tips and read the FAQ about how to get things working.
Forum rules
No spamming, flaming or excessive self-promotion.

Streaming locking up, despite powerfull pc & portforwarding

Postby GaryDZ » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:37 pm

I am pretty new to this and I read everything I could find trying to solve my problem. I managed to get my port forwarding settings done and can access recorded material remotly, but my streaming is locking up pretty much all the time... I even lowered the quality to the lowest setting.

Is there anywhere or any one I can send my log files to to help me trouble shoot. I do not think it is a "slow" computer issue or Slow Internet.

My Media Center is an Intel i5-2300 with 6gig ram. The computer has a Ceton Tuner Card.
I am connecting wireless to a router with N-protocol. It has 5-bars (Excellent).

I am conneced to the internet using Fiber-optics and my Ping is 5ms My D/L speed is 21 Mbps, my Upload speed 16.4Mbps.

My CPU usage at the time of the last freeze was 4% with 40% memory usage.

Any ideas?

Thanks....

I will buy you another beer if we can figure out what I am doing wrong----
Attachments
RPServer.log
(305.29 KiB) Downloaded 504 times
GaryDZ
Raw Potato

Re: Streaming locking up, despite powerfull pc & portforward

Postby PeeWee » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:40 am

Hi Gary,

I split your post to a separate topic so we can find it better in the future.

I have a few suggestions, some collected from the thread http://squarepegforums.fatattitude.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=911&sid=b67f1b7227938b05a293f445e86e64ad&start=10

- your portforwarding seems correct, otherwise you wouldn't be able to access the RP interface & start streaming in the first place.
- your pc is well equiped, altough 4% is very low, i suspect streaming was not active at that point. I except cpu loads in the region of 20-60% with qualities ranging from the lowest to the highest while streaming.
- is streaming working inside your LAN without freezes? If so, this rules out RP and your PC as the culprint.
- are you running Microsoft Essentials? This has caused problems for others. Uninstall it temporarily if applicable.
- your ISP could be a factor, in the thread above, the problem turned out to be related to the ISp's connection box right outside the house.

Good luck, keep us informed.
PeeWee
Wise Potato

Return to Support - Streaming / Network / Connectivity